NCAA Indoor National Champion -- 60m hurdles (2014)
First-Team All-America -- Indoor 60m hurdles (2014)
- First-Team All-America -- Outdoor 100m hurdles (2013)
- Second-Team All-America -- Indoor 200m, long jump (2013)
- Second-Team All-America -- Indoor 60m hurdles (2012)
- Second-Team All-America -- Outdoor 100m hurdles (2012)
- SBC Most Outstanding Track Athlete -- Indoor (2012, 2013, 2014) and Outdoor (2012, 2013)
- SBC Champion -- Indoor 60m, 60m hurdles, 200m, long jump (2014)
- A-State Terry Gwin Award (Leadership, Citizenship, Scholarship & Athletic Performance) Recipient (2014)
- Arkansas Sports Hall of Fame Star of Tomorrow Award Finalist (2014)
- SBC Track Athlete of the Week -- Outdoor -- 4/16, 4/23, and 4/30 (2014)
- SBC Track Athlete of the Week -- Indoor -- 1/15, 1/22, and 2/5 (2014)
- SBC Champion -- Outdoor 100m, 200m, 110m hurdles (2013)
- SBC Track Athlete of the Week -- Outdoor -- 4/17 (2013)
- USTFCCCA National Athlete of the Week Honorable Mention - Outdoor -- 5/14 (2013)
- SBC Champion - Indoor long jump, 55m hurdles, 55m, 200m (2013)
- SBC Track Athlete of the Week - Indoor -- 1/9, 1/30, and 2/13 (2013)
- SBC Champion - Outdoor 100m hurdles, 100m, 200m, long jump (2012)
- SBC Track Athlete of the Week - Outdoor -- 4/19 and 4/25 (2012)
- SBC Champion -- Indoor 55m, 55m hurdles, 200m (2012)
- SBC Track Athlete of the Week -- Indoor -- 2/12 and 2/15 (2012)
- SBC Track Outstanding Freshman -- Indoor and Outdoor (2011)
- SBC Track Athlete of the Week -- Outdoor -- 4/12 (2011)
- SBC Champion -- Indoor 55m, 55m hurdles, 200m (2011)
- SBC First Team -- Outdoor (2012-13) and Indoor (2011-14)
- SBC Third Team -- Outdoor (2011)
- USA Championships Participant -- Outdoor (2013)
- A-State Record Holder - Indoor -- 55m, 60m, 60m hurdles, 200m, long jump and Outdoor -- 100m, 100m hurdles, 200m, long jump
2012-13: (Outdoor) - Named SBC Most Outstanding Women's Track Performer ... First-team All-SBC ... Team co-captain ... Received SBC Women's Track Athlete of the Week recognition (4/17) and USTFCCCA National Athlete of the Week Award Honorable Mention kudos (5/14) ... Compiled 11 first-place showings ... Registered a personal-best 20-11.96./6.40m effort to win long jump at SBC Championships (5/11) ... Clocked an 11.60 time in 100 meters (5/12) and a 23.54 in the 200 meters (5/12) at the conference meet for a pair of first-place showings ... Set a new SBC Outdoor Championships mark in the 100-meter hurdles with a first-place 13.24 time ... Ran a first-place 54.62 time in the 400 meters at LSU Relays (3/23) ... (Indoor) - Earned USTFCCCA All-America Second-Team plaudits ... Chosen as SBC Women's Most Outstanding Track Performer ... Played a significant role in Red Wolves winning the SBC Championships (2/24-25) ... An All-SBC First-Team selection ... A three-time (1/9, 1/30, & 2/13) SBC Women's Track Athlete of the Week pick ... Top scorer at the conference meet with 40.5 points ... Won four events at the Sun Belt Conference meet - long jump (20-08.81/6.32m), 55-meter hurdles (7.69), 55-meter dash (6.87), and 200-meter dash (23.74) ... Clocked a 23.53 200-meter time in the preliminaries (11th place) and would finish 12th overall at the NCAA Championships (3/8) ... Turned in a long jump distance of 5.72m to claim 16th-place honors at the NCAA Championships (3/8).
2011-12: (Outdoor) - A second-team All-America selection by the USTFCCCA ... Placed 16th in the 100-meter hurdles semifinals at the NCAA Championships (6/7) after registering a 13.23 time to finish sixth in the event's third heat ... Finished 14th overall in the 100-meter dash semis at NCAA Championships (6/6) following a third-place 11.41 time in the event's first heat and missed qualifying for finals by .09 seconds ... Established A-State records in the 100-meters, 100-meter hurdles, and 200-meter dashes ... Honored as Sun Belt Conference Championship's most outstanding track performer as a result of winning four events to earn the meet's top female point scorer recognition ... Claimed SBC Championship meet titles in the 100-meter hurdles (13.30), 100-meter dash (11.39), 200-meter dash (23.49), and the long jump (20-01.34/6.13m) ... A first-team All-SBC honoree ... Chosen SBC Women's Track Athlete of the Week twice (4/19 and 4/25). (Indoor) - Received USTFCCCA All-America Second-Team accolades ... A first-team all-conference pick ... Finished sixth in first 60-meter hurdles heat at NCAA Indoor Championships (3/9) and then ninth with an 8.18 time among second heat qualifiers ... Attained SBC Women's Track Athlete of the Week Award kudos in consecutive weeks (2/2 and 2/15) ... Was SBC Meet's top female athlete points leader with a 33-points output.
2010-11: (Outdoor) - An All-SBC Third-Team performer ... Garnered SBC Women's Track Athlete of the Week laurels (4/12) ... Ran an 11.79 time in 100-meter dash prelims at NCAA West Regional (5/26-27) to qualify for quarterfinals ... Placed third in the 100-meter hurdles at the SBC Championships (5/13-15) with a 13.65 time while clocking a 100-meter dash 11.93 time for sixth place and a fourth-place 24.49 time in the 200-meters. (Indoor) - Named Sun Belt Conference's Most Outstanding Freshman ... Recorded personal bests in three events (55-meter dash, 55-meter hurdles, and 200-meter dash) at the SBC Championships ... Placed first in the 55-meter dash and with an A-State record time of 6.94, third in the 55-meter hurdles with an school-best 7.83 time, and sixth in the 200-meters with a time of 24.82.
High School: Honored as Tennessee's Gatorade Runner of the Year in 2009 at Northside High in Memphis, Tenn. ... Coached by Kaclin Macklin ... A 2009 graduate ... An all-state performer in the 100-meter hurdles, 100-meter dash, 200-meter dash, and 300-meter hurdles as a senior ... Earned Best of Tennessee Preps distinction in back-to-back seasons (2007-08 and 2008-09) ... Won long jump event at state meet in sophomore season ... Captured top state honors in the 300-meter hurdles as a junior in 2008 ... Competed three seasons (2007-09) in basketball, volleyball, and softball ... Member of DECA and March of Dimes (2008).
Personal: Born in Memphis, Tenn. ... Parents are Alice Nelvis and Morris Brunson ... Has three brothers and one sister ... Enjoys running ... Majoring in sociology with a minor in photo journalism.
Career Performances (Track & Field)
|Sharika Nelvis - Personal Bests|
Stay Connected to Arkansas State Track & Field