9-19 (4-13 SBC)
|March 4 | 1:00 p.m.
6-22 (4-12 SBC)
|Website | Game Notes||Watch Live
95.3FM The Ticket
|Flipcard | Game Notes|
|Tickets | Live Stats | Live Audio | @AStateWB | @AStateGameDay|
• This is the 43rd season of women’s basketball at Arkansas State.
• The Red Wolves have an all-time record of 254-157 against league teams.
• Brittany Fowler scored a career-high 27 points against Georgia Southern in her senior night on Feb. 25.
• A-State set a program and Convocation Center record with a perfect 12-for-12 performance from the free throw line against Georgia State.
• Jada Ford returned to action on Feb. 23 after missing 11 games with an injury.
• The Red Wolves have a record of 44-9 on their home court over the last 4 years.
• Lauren Bradshaw moved into second place all-time with 118 for her career. She also just the third player in school history with 100 or more blocks.
• Arkansas State has six true freshman on the team this season.
• The Red Wolves graduated its entire strating five from last season.
AN A-STATE WIN WOULD
• Improve A-State's record to 7-23 on the season and 5-13 in the Sun Belt Conference.
• Give A-State their 54th SBC win over the last 4 seasons.
• Give Arkansas State its 254th win against an SBC opponent (in league play).
• Give A-State its first road victory of the season.
RECAPPING THE TROY GAME
• A-State played one of its best games of the season but came up short in a 90-77 loss at Troy this past Thursday.
• The Red Wolves led Troy 42-40 midway through the third quarter, but Trojans went on a 10-0 run and A-State was unable to recpature the lead.
• A-State had five players score in double-figures for the first time since Dec. 30, 2015 at Troy.
• A-State's 77 points were its third most of the season.
• The Red Wolves 47 rebounds were the most of the season.
PICKING UP WHERE SHE LEFT OFF
• Since returning from injury on Feb. 23, Jada Ford has scored in double-figures in three straight games.
• Ford has scored 13, 18 and 15 points and is A-State's leading scorer on the season despite missing 11 games.
• A-State freshman Payton Tennison has had turned in back-to-back career performances in her last two games against Georgia Southern and Troy.
• Against the Eagles on Feb. 25 she scored, at the time, a carere-high 9 points and made three, 3-pointers and grabbed 3 rebounds.
• In her next game out she scored a new career-high 11 points and added a new high with 4 rebounds.
A-STATE IN REGULAR SEASON FINALIES
• A-State is 22-19 all-time in regular season finalies.
• This is the third time that A-State and South Alabama have met in a regular season finale , but this is the first time that the final matchup has been in Mobile.
• A-State has won both of the previous matchups, which took place in 1997 & 1998.
SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST
• Arkansas State senior guard Brittany Fowler had the best game of her career on her final game at the Convocation Center on Feb. 25 against Georgia Southern.
• Fowler scored a career-high 27 points and drained seven 3-pointers, a mark that is tied for third most in school history in a game.
• She ranks third in the league with a 41.5 field goal percentage from beyond the arc and is third in the league with 59 3-pointers made.
• Arkansas State drained 13, 3-pointers against Georgia Southern on Feb. 25, a mark that is tied for the third most in school history.
• The Red Wolves also attempted 27, 3-pointers in the game, a number that is also tied for the third most in school history.
• For the season A-State is shooting 34.4 percent from the 3-point line. That is currently the seventh best mark in school history.
A YEAR IN THE MAKING
• Arkansas State recorded 10 steals in its recent victory over Georgia State, marking the first time this season that A-State had double-digit steals.
• The last time A-State had 10 or more steals in a game was on Feb. 25, 2016 against Texas State.
A PERFECT NIGHT
• Arkansas State set a Convocation Center and program record with a perfect 12-for-12 performance from the free throw line.
• The previous A-State record was set in 2005 against Iowa with an 11-for-11 night. The Red Wolves also went perfect from the free throw line against Little Rock (10-10) in 2012.
• The previous Convocation Center record was set by Louisiana-Lafayette in in 2008 with an 11-for-11 mark from the line.
EYE POPPING NUMBERS
• Freshman forward Tahlon Hopkins has been a key component for A-State this season. She is averaging 9.3 points per game and 5.0 rebounds per contest.
• The points per game number is the best since Adrianne Davie (11.6) and Rudy Simms (12.0) each averaged in double-figures in their freshman seasons of 2003-04.
• The rebounding total is the most since Shay Scott averaged 7.5 rebounds per game during her freshman season in 2007-08.
GOING AGAINST THE TREND
• Arkansas State 81-72 overtime loss to Appalachian State on Feb. 4 marked just the seventh time during the Brian Boyer era that the Red Wolves had lost game that has gone into extra time.
• It was A-State's first OT time since 2014-15 when it captured an 80-77 victory over UT Arlington on the Mavericks home court.
• Boyer is now 16-7 overall in overtime games in his career, with only two of those seven losses coming at the Convocation Center.
• The loss also snapped a streak of 4 consecutive overtime wins by Arkansas State.
MOVING ON UP
• Junior Lauren Bradshaw has become a dominant presence in the paint during her career and quickly moved her way up the all-time blocks records in school history.
• She has blocked 118 shots in her career, a mark that is the second most all-time.
• She ist just the third player in school history to block 100 shots in a career.
• As a sophomore in 2015-16, she blocked 53 shots, third most in a single season in school history.
• She enters the week ranked 62nd in the nation with 48 blocked shots, which ranks as the fifth most in a single season in A-State history.
THAT'S ALOT OF FREE THROWS
• Arkansas State attempted 47 free throws against Troy on Jan. 21, the 4th most in school history.
• The Red Wolves made 32 of the free throws, a mark that is also the 4th most in school history.
• The 47 free throws attempted were the most since the team took 45 against Middle Tennessee in 2007, while the 32 makes were the most since the squad made 31 in 2006 against San Jose State.
PLAYING TO THE ODDS
• If the Red Wolves score 70 or more points, A-State is 175-33 (.841) under head coach Brian Boyer. This season the Red Wolves are 3-3 when scoring 70 or more points.
• By contrast A-State has a record of 197-60 (.767) when holds its opponents to 65 or fewer points under Coach Boyer. This season A-State is 2-3 in games in wich the opponents scores 65 or fewer points.