Arkansas State University is committed to operating our athletic department in a manner that is consistent with the NCAA’s principle of institutional control. To that end, it is our mission to ensure strict adherence to the letter and spirit of all NCAA, Sun Belt Conference and University rules and regulations.
The Arkansas State University Compliance Office seeks to achieve our goal of maintaining the highest standard of integrity and ethical behavior in the conduct of our athletics program by:
- Proactively educating our coaches, student-athletes, staff and supporters regarding NCAA, Sun Belt Conference, and University rules and regulations;
- Facilitating open lines of communication with our student-athletes, coaches, athletic personnel, fans, and supporters by maintaining an open door policy with all constituent groups to address every question or concern as it arises;
- Identifying and reducing areas of risk by monitoring the activities of the athletics department, our fans and supporters, and the University as a whole in a variety of critical areas including but not limited to recruiting, amateurism, eligibility certification, financial aid, benefits, and playing and practice season limitations;
- Providing accurate and timely interpretations of NCAA, Sun Belt Conference, and University rules and regulations to our coaches, student-athletes, staff and supporters and assisting them in their compliance efforts; and
- Investigating and reporting potential violations of NCAA, Sun Belt Conference and University rules and regulations.
The compliance office is located in the Charles F. Luter Family Academic Success Center.
If you have any questions, please contact the Compliance Office.
Joel Weems - Associate Athletics Director for Compliance
Dan Anderson - Assistant Director for Compliance
Andrew Schneider - Compliance Intern
Mary Tinsley - Administrative Assistant