Lamar was able to sweep the doubles matches to earn an early 1-0 lead, and then picked up a win in five of the six singles matches to claim the victory.
Jess Heeps-Eriksen was responsible for ASU's lone victory in singles action, defeating Helene Czudek 6-3, 4-6, 10-8.
"We played a really good team today," said ASU head coach Marina Engelbrecht. "We need to get back to being a confident team that expects to win. Times like this only make you a stronger player."
The Red Wolves return to action Saturday, March 9, when they host Evansville at 1 p.m.
ARKANSAS STATE vs LAMAR RESULTS
1. C. Salas/H. Czudek (LU) def. I. Teu/J. Nowland (ASU), 8-5
2. C. Maso/A. Porte (LU) def. T. Slijepcevic/B. Miloshevska (ASU), 8-3
3. N. Mayogoitia/D. Dashutina (LU) def. J. Heeps-Eriksen/S. Krsmanovic (ASU), 8-4
1. Carolina Salas (LU) def. Tamara Slijepcevic (ASU), 3-6, 6-2, 10-8
2. Carolina Maso (LU) def. Janie Nowland (ASU), 6-0, 6-3
3. Dariya Dashutina (LU) def. Biljana Miloshevska (ASU), 6-2, 6-1
4. Alessandra Pennessi (LU) def. Ioana Teu (ASU), 6-2, 6-0
5. Natalia Mayagoitia (LU) def. Chiara Stefanov (ASU), 6-1, 6-0
6. Jess Heeps-Eriksen (ASU) def. Helene Czudek (LU), 6-3, 4-6, 10-8
7. Alicia Porte (LU) def. Sofia Krsmanovic (ASU), 6-0, 6-2