• This will be the 59th meeting all-time between A-State and UALR with the Red Wolves holding a 44-14 all-time advantage.
• The second largest crowd in A-State women’s basketball history occurred on Jan. 10, 2002 when 6,149 people attended the game between A-State and UALR.
• A-State won the first 18 games in the series, UALR has enjoyed the most recent success by
winning 10 of the last 13 match ups.
• The Red Wolves have never won in the Jack Stephens Center, going 0-8 since the arena opened in 2005-06
• Overall A-State has had success in Little Rock, going 17-9 against the Trojans on their home court.
• One of A-State’s largest victories was a 90-39 (51 points) victory over UALR during the 1975-76 season.
• A-State was ranked 15th in the Louisville region of ESPN latest Bracketology report put out by Charlie Creme on ESPN.com.
• Creme currently has the Red Wolves slated to play Louisville in Baton Rouge.
• The NCAA selection will air live on Monday, March 17 at 6 p.m. on ESPN.
WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF.......
• A-State has a 2 game lead over WKU coming into Saturday’s match up with UALR.
• An A-State win would clinch the No. 1 seed and give the Red Wolves a share of the SBC title.
• An A-State win and a WKU loss would give the Red Wolves to regular season title outright for the first time in school history.
• A-State loss and a WKU win would give the Red Wolves a 1 game lead going into the final week of the season.
• Arkansas State can clinch the regular season title out right when any combination of a win in its last three games and a WKU loss in its last three games OR A-State can clinch outright with two victories in its last three games.
SUN BELT TIE BREAKER RULES
• Highest win-loss percentage of head-to-head competition during the regular season.
• Each teams’ win-loss percentage vs. the team occupying the highest position in the final
regular-season standings, and then continuing down through the standings until one teams gains an advantage.
• When arriving at another group of tied teams while comparing records, use each team’s record against the collective tied teams as a group (prior to that group’s own tie-breaking procedure), rather than the performance against individual tied teams.
• If the records are the same against all teams, then the seeded position would be determined by a toss of the coin by the Sun Belt Conference Commissioner.
IN SEARCH OF THE TITLE
• Arkansas State is going after its first Sun Belt Conference regular season title since the 2003-04 season when it won a share of the West Division title.
• A-State has never won the SBC Overall (No. 1 seed) title.
BOYER EYES SBC RECORD
• Brian Boyer is now tied for the most Sun Belt Conference wins in league history after the Red Wolves victory over Texas State Feb. 22.
• He tied the record of 135, which was held by former La. Tech head coach Leon Barrmore and
current FIU head coach Cindy Russo.
• He needs 1 more to become the all-time leader in the category.
50 PERCENT OF THE TIME ITS GOOD EVERYTIME
• Arkansas State shot exactly 50 percent from the field in back-to-back games against Tennessee Tech and Central Arkansas in the month of
• The Red Wolves went 30-of-60 against Tennessee Tech on Dec. 18 and then came back to go 26-of-52 from the field against UCA on Dec. 21.
• Four times this season A-State has shot exactly 50 percent with the most recent coming against Texas State Feb. 22.
• The other occurrence was against Kent State when the squad was 32-of-64 from the field.
• A-State is 8-1 in games in which it shoots at least 50 percent from the field this season.
GAMBLE A SUPER SOPHOMORE
• Sophomore guard Aundrea Gamble is one of 60 freshmen and sophomores players ranked among the 250 scorers in the NCAA rankings.
• She currently has the 10th highest scoring average among all sophomores in the NCAA.
O’BANNON CAN’T MISS
• Jalen O’Bannon went 5-for-5 from the field in A-State’s game against UTA on Feb. 15, tying the Convocation Center for highest field goal percentage.
• She also tied the record last season by going 6-for-6 from the field against ULL on Dec. 22, 2012.
• She has not missed from the field in her previous seven attempts.
#ASTATEWB IS #NOLABOUND
• Arkansas State has secured itself a berth in the 2014 Sun Belt Conference Tournament after its victory over South Alabama on Feb. 12.
• This will be A-State’s 22nd trip to the Sun Belt Conference Tournament which is scheduled to run March 12-15 in New Orleans at Lake Front Arena.