Arkansas State Track and Field/Cross Country Complex
The Arkansas State University Track & Field/Cross Country Complex is home to the nationally-recognized Red Wolves track & field/cross country programs.
The $2.3 million facility, opened in the summer of 2003 and is located on the southwest end of the ASU campus, features a 400-meter oval track with eight running lanes on a Mondo Super X surface which offers outstanding all-weather durability and performance. A steeplechase water pit along with hammer and discus cages are also contained within the facility.
The track, which serves as the site for Arkansas State's annual meet in the A-State Red Wolves Open, has bleachers to seat up to 400-plus spectators along with areas for additional portable seating. An enclosed building features coaches offices, lockerrooms for the men's and women's teams, a pressbox area, and storage area for equipment and supplies.
The facility also is host to numerous other University and community events throughout the year.
Arkansas State University Track and Field Specifications
- Track: 400-meter oval with eight 42-inch lanes, Mondo Super X surface with an inside steeplechase water pit.
- Two x horizontal runways - Each over 200-feet long with four landing pits. Fitted with dual men's & women's triple jump and long jump boards.
- Two x 130-feet javelin runways with dedicated landing area on infield of the track
- Fully-enclosed high jump apron fitted with a Gill Maximus High Landing System.
- Four x 180-feet pole vault runways fitted with a Gill Maximus Pole Vault Landing System.
- Two shot put rings with dedicated landing areas adjacent to the track.
- Three x AAE hammer and discus cages.