A-STATE/OLE MISS SERIES HISTORY
• This will be the 102nd meeting all-time between A-State and Ole Miss.
• The Red Wolves are 23-79 all-time against the Rebels.
• A-State lost both games to the Rebels last season but split the year before for Tommy Raffo’s only victory against Ole Miss.
• The series dates back to 1951.
A ZUBER STAR
• Freshman Tyler Zuber recorded two saves against Troy to bring his season total to four since taking over the backend duties in the bullpen.
• Zuber has been fantastic in Sun Belt Conference play, sporting a 0.73 ERA in 10 innings in allowing just one run.
• A-State had 12 hits, all singles, in its 8-5 victory over Troy to clinch the series on May 11.
• It was the seventh time this season that A-State has had everyone one of hits in a game be singles.
• It was also the secone time this season that A-State had 12 hits in a game and have them all be singles. A-State also had 12 singles against UALR on March 15 in a victory in that series finale.
TAKING DOWN NO. 2
• A-State defeated No.2 Louisiana-Lafayette 6-4 on May 4. The Ragin’ Cajuns were the highest ranked team to ever play at Tomlinson Stadium and the highest ranked team that A-State has ever defeated in Jonesboro.
• The highest ranked team A-State had defeated was No. 2 Ole Miss in 2008. A-State defeated the Rebels 7-5 in Oxford.
• Since 2003, A-State is 9-19 against ranked opponents at Tomlinson Stadium. Prior to this year’s victory the last home victory over a ranked opponent was during the 2012 season in a 10-5
victory over No. 22 Ole Miss.
FILL THAT STADIUM UP
• The Red Wolves enjoyed their second largest crowd on Tomlinson Stadium history on May 3 when 1,009 people were on hand to watch A-State take on the No. 2 team in the nation Louisiana-Lafayette.
WALLACE TIES CAREER-HIGH
• Senior right-hander Bradley Wallace tied a career-high with 12 strikeouts against No. 2 ULL on May 3.
• Wallace also struck out 12 against Western Kentucky in 2013.
• He is the third A-State pitcher to reach double-digit strikeouts in a game this season (David Owen and Chandler Hawkins have also equaled the feat.)
• Wallace and Cody Woodhouse combined to strikeout 17 in the game, the highest mark for team strikeouts in a single-game this season for A-State.
BAKER RUNS WILD ON THOROUGHBREDS
• In two games against Murray State this season, Austin Baker has a tremendous amount of success.
• He has totaled eight RBIs, seven hits and 18 total bases in those two games and set school records for total bases in a single home and tied the school record for home runs in a single game with 3.
ANY BATTER AT ANY TIME
• Through 51 games this season all 13 of 17 Red Wolves with an at-bat this season have at least two RBIs in a single game and all 17 have at least one RBI on the year.
• In addition, 13 of 17 Red Wolves with an AB this season have recorded multiple hits in a game.
DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME
• A-State head coach Tommy Raffo has gone 33-38-1 in the month of May since arriving at the school.
• The Red Wolves went 11-4 in th month in 2011-12 and advanced to the finals of the SBC Tournament.
NUMBERS NEVER LIE
• A-State is having one of its best seasons at the plate in recent memory by averaging 9.08 hits per game, the most since the 2011 season when the team averaged 9.49 per game.
• The team’s 1.82 doubles per outing are also the most since 2010 (1.90).
• The Red Wolves are also scoring more runs and are averaging right at 5.88 runs per game, the most since 2010 when scored 6.50 runs per game.