AN A-STATE WIN WOULD
• Improve A-State's record to 3-10 on the season and 1-0 in the Sun Belt Conference.
• Make A-State 15-11 all-time in SBC openers.
• Give the Red Wolves their fifth straight victory in an SBC opener.
• Give A-State their 50th SBC win over the last 4 seasons (most in the conference).
• Run the Red Wolves winning streak over the Warhawks to 11 straight.
• Give Arkansas State its 250th win against an SBC opponent (in league play).
RECAPPING THE PUERTO RICO CLASSIC (in LAS VEGAS)
• Arkansas State played three games in three days (Dec. 19-21) at the South Point Arena in Las Vegas as part of the Puerto Rico Classic. A-State emerged with a 1-2 record that included a win over Kennesaw State.
• Several Red Wolves set career-highs on the trip, including Jada Ford with a 30-point performance against Northern Kentucky and Lauren Bradshaw collecting her first career double-double against the Norse.
• A-State also faced its third ranked opponent of the season in #20 Cal in the final day of the tournament.
• Starr Taylor had a season-high five assists against NKU, while Tahlon Hopkins became the second A-State player to go perfect from the free throw line this season with a 7-for-7 night against Kennesaw State.
TIME FOR A CLEAN SLATE
• A-State will open Sun Belt Conference play at home for the first time since the 2011-12 season when it opened up with Florida Atlantic at the Convo.
• A-State has dominated the league portion of its schedule over the past three seasons, compiling a league best 49-9 record.
• The Red Wolves have an all-time record of 14-11 in SBC openers and a mark of 19-6 in SBC home openers and a 9-3 record when the SBC opener and SBC home opener are the same game.
• This marks the second straight season the A-State has faced ULM in its SBC home opener.
FORD JOINS ELITE GROUP
• Jada Ford became the 22nd player in school history to eclipse 30 or more points in game when scored 30 against Northern Kentucky in Las Vegas on Dec. 20.
• Her 30 points were the most by a freshman since Keeshia Evans scored 30 against Lamar in 1998 and she is just the third freshman in school history to have 30 or more points in a game.
• This also marked the third straight season that the Red Wolves have had a player score 30 or more points in a game.
• Ford is the only freshman in the SBC to average more than 10.0 points per game entering league play. She currently stands at 11.5 ppg.
BRADSHAW GETS HER DOUBLE-DOUBLE
• Lauren Bradshaw secured her first career double-double with a 12-point, 12 rebound performance against Northern Kentucky on Dec. 20.
• Bradshaw had been close to the mark several times throughout the season, having collected nine rebounds with a double-digit point total twice this season.
HOPKINS SECURES DOUBLE-DOUBLE
• True freshman forward Tahlon Hopkins secured the first double-double of her career with 11 points and 10 rebounds against UT Martin on Dec. 14.
• She narrowly achieved the mark on Dec. 6 against Tulsa but fell two points short of reaching double figures.
• She is the only A-State player to have a double-figure rebounding game this season and she has done it twice.
THE DIFFERENCE AT THE LINE
• Arkansas State is shooting 64 percent (105-of-164) from the free throw line this season, but has seen a sharp contrast in its home/away splits.
• The Red Wolves are shooting an impressive 80 percent (40-of-50) from the free throw line at home this season, but managing just 57 percent (65-of-114) on the road.
• The totals do not include A-State's three games on a neutral court in Las Vegas.
• Junior Lauren Bradshaw has become a dominant presence in the paint during her career and quickly moved her way up the all-time blocks records in school history.
• She has blocked 91 shots in her career, a mark that is the fourth most all-time.
• As a sophomore in 2015-16, she blocked 53 shots, third most in a single season in school history.
• She enters the week ranked 47th in the nation with 23 blocked shots and is averaging 1.9 bpg, the 59th best mark in the NCAA.
• A-State head coach Brian Boyer notched career-win No. 300 against Tulsa on Dec. 2, 2016.
• He became the second coach in A-State history to each 300 career victories while at the school (former men's coach John Brady reached 300 while at Arkansas State).
• He is also the first coach to win all 300 games while at Arkansas State.
CLUTCH WHEN IT COUNTS
• True freshman Starr Taylor knocked two free throws with 18 seconds to help A-State secure its first victory of the season against Tulsa on Dec. 2.
• Taylor finished the night 7-for-7 from the free throw line, marking the first time since Jan. 21, 2015 that an A-State player was perfect from the free throw line. Jasmine Hunt went 6-for-6 against UTA that year.
HI MY NAME IS...
• Seven freshmen will put on an Arkansas State jersey this season, the most during the Brian Boyer era.
• The Red Wolves had six freshmen on the team during the 2000-01 season and has had as many as five freshmen on a team six times since then.
• Of the 7 freshman, 5 are from the state of Arkansas, 1 from Tennessee and 1 from Oklahoma.