AN A-STATE WIN WOULD
• Improve A-State's record to 6-20 on the season and 4-10 in the Sun Belt Conference.
• Give A-State their 53rd SBC win over the last 4 seasons.
• Give Arkansas State its 253rd win against an SBC opponent (in league play).
• Give A-State its first victory on the road this season.
RECAPPING THE UT ARLINGTON GAME
• A-State rushed out to a 22-13 lead after the first quarter and went into the locker room at halftime tied with at 34-34 with the Mavericks.
• A-State continued to the lead by one after the third quarter, but UTA quickly took the lead with the first bucket of the fourth quarter and A-State never regained the lear.
• Dominique Oliver led the Red Wolves with 19 points.
• A-State held its own with one of the league's best rebounding teams and lost the battle by just one rebound at 39-38.
BATTLING ON THE BOARDS
• Over the previous two games the Red Wolves have produced two of their better games in conference play in terms of rebounding.
• In each game at Texas State and UT Arlington, the Red Wolves lost the rebounding margin by just a single board.
• UTA entered the week ranked as the league's second best team in terms of rebounding Margin, averaging nearly 4 more rebounds per game than their opponents.
• Arkansas State senior Brittany Fowler ranks 32nd in the nation in 3-point field goal percentage, having knocked down 41.3 percent of her attempts entering Friday's contest.
• Fowler also leads the Sun Belt in the same category and ranks 2nd in the league with 50 made 3-pointers on the year.
• She needs just six more made 3-pointers to move into a tie for 10th place on the A-State single season list for most 3-pointers made in a season.
THE VALUE OF OLIVER
• A-State senior Dominique Oliver has been one of the Red Wolves' top players this season and enters Friday's game as the team's active leading scorer at 11.3 points per contest. In league games she is averaging 11.6 points per game.
• She is the only player on the A-State roster to rank in 4 stastical categories in the Sun Belt for A-State. She ranks 17th in points, 10th assists, 10th in assist/turnover ratio and 3rd in minutes per game.
• She has set career-highs in every major offensive category this season and is the only A-State player to start every game this season.
• She is averaging 35.4 minutes per game this season. Over the last six seasons only Aundrea Gamble had higher minute per game totals in each of her three seasons.
EYE POPPING NUMBERS
• Freshman forward Tahlon Hopkins has been a key component for A-State this season. She is averaging 9.0 points per game and 5.1 rebounds per contest.
• The points per game number is the best since Adrianne Davie (11.6) and Rudy Simms (12.0) each averaged in double-figures in their freshman seasons of 2003-04.
• The rebounding total is the most since Shay Scott averaged 7.5 rebounds per game during her freshman season in 2007-08.
WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE
• Four of A-State's 5 wins this season have come on its home court.
• Since the 2013-14 season the Red Wolves have compiled a 43-8 record on its home court. The three losses this season are the most in a season during that span.
• A-State has overall record of 154-53 on its home floor since joining the Sun Belt Conference.
• Madison Heckert turned in a career-night against Coastal Carolina on Feb. 2 at the Convocation Center.
• The true freshman scored a career-high 14 points and tied a career-high with five rebounds. She led the Red Wolves in scoring for the first time in her career and had a career-high two blocks.
• Her last block helped end a big run from the Chanticleers and allowed A-State to close the game on a 15-2 run to retake the lead and close out the game.
• Heckert followed up her performance with another career night against Appalachian State on Feb. 4 with season highs in blocks (4) and rebounds (8). She also played a career-high 33 minutes.
GOING AGAINST THE TREND
• Arkansas State 81-72 overtime loss to Appalachian State on Feb. 4 marked just the seventh time during the Brian Boyer era that the Red Wolves had lost game that has gone into extra time.
• It was A-State's first OT time since 2014-15 when it captured an 80-77 victory over UT Arlington on the Mavericks home court.
• Boyer is now 16-7 overall in overtime games in his career, with only two of those seven losses coming at the Convocation Center.
• The loss also snapped a streak of 4 consecutive overtime wins by Arkansas State.
MOVING ON UP
• Junior Lauren Bradshaw has become a dominant presence in the paint during her career and quickly moved her way up the all-time blocks records in school history.
• She has blocked 114 shots in her career, a mark that is the second most all-time.
• She ist just the third player in school history to block 100 shots in a career.
• As a sophomore in 2015-16, she blocked 53 shots, third most in a single season in school history.
• She enters the week ranked 62nd in the nation with 46 blocked shots, which ranks as the fifth most in a single season in A-State history.
THAT'S ALOT OF FREE THROWS
• Arkansas State attempted 47 free throws against Troy on Jan. 21, the 4th most in school history.
• The Red Wolves made 32 of the free throws, a mark that is also the 4th most in school history.
• The 47 free throws attempted were the most since the team took 45 against Middle Tennessee in 2007, while the 32 makes were the most since the squad made 31 in 2006 against San Jose State.
• A-State has lost three players to injuries this season, two of which were among the Red Wolves' leading scorers.
• When Jada Ford was sidelined she was leading the team with an average of 11.9 points per game through 14 games.
• When Akasha Westbrook went down with an injury she was averaging 10.1 points per game through eight games.
• Ford still leads the team in scoring, while Westbrook ranks third.
PLAYING TO THE ODDS
• If the Red Wolves score 70 or more points, A-State is 175-31 (.850) under head coach Brian Boyer. This season the Red Wolves are 3-3 when scoring 70 or more points.
• By contrast A-State has a record of 197-59 (.770) when holds its opponents to 65 or fewer points under Coach Boyer. This season A-State is 2-3 in games in wich the opponents scores 65 or fewer points.
HI MY NAME IS...
• Seven freshmen will put on an Arkansas State jersey this season, the most during the Brian Boyer era.
• The Red Wolves had six freshmen on the team during the 2000-01 season and has had as many as five freshmen on a team six times since then.
• Of the 7 freshman, 5 are from the state of Arkansas, 1 from Tennessee and 1 from Oklahoma.