MATCH 23: Arkansas State (14-10, 4-5) vs Little Rock(15-9, 7-4)
Tuesday, Oct. 30 • 6:30 p.m.
Jack Stehpens Center • Little Rock, Ark,.
Series: A-State Leads 55-24
Live Stats: AStateStats.com
• This season is the 44th year of volleyball at A-State and the home team has an all-time mark
of 1,037-529-5 (.658) and had the 19th most wins in Division I and was tied for the 25th best winning percentage in Division I history entering the 2018 campaign.
• Arkansas State enters the match on a two-game win streak overall Georgia State and Georgia Southern. Carlisa May posted a double-double of 22 kills and 13 digs to assist the Red Wolves to a 3-1 victory very the Panthers.
• A-State defeated Georgia Southern in straight sets (25-23, 25-19, 25-23) Saturday at Hanner Feildhouse. Macey Putt led thee Red Wolves’ offense with 10 kills, while Ellie Watkins handed out a team-high 20 assists.
• Senior Carlisa May moved into second-place on A-State’s all-time career kills list, surpassing Beth Cochran’s mark of 1636 kills from 1996-99. May currently stands at 1,733 kills and could catch all-time leader Margie Kolat (1991-94) who has 1,789 kills.
• May currently ranks sixth in the nation with 384 kills on the year, while also checking in at 11th in the nation with 4.74 kills per set.
• Among active players in all of Division I volleyball, May ranks second with her career kills total, and ranks fifth among active players across all divisions.
• She is also 72nd in the nation with 10.49 assists per set.
• Senior setter Ellie Watkins has quickly become one of the school’s most dominant setters and has broke into the school’s all-time career sets list in just her two seasons at A-State. Watkins currently has 1,889 career assists after weekend action earning her way into the Top-10. She is now chasing No. 9 Shelly Kirby who handed out 2,343.
A-State vs Little Rock Series History
The Red Wolves lead the all-time series with the Trojans by a count of 55-24 with the first three meetings occurring during the 1975 season and A-State winning all three meetings. The first meeting was in Little Rock with the next two occurring at neutral sites. A-State won the first two meetings 2-1 before a 2-0 sweep in the third.
• A-State began the series with 14 straight wins from 1975-1983, but Little Rock won four straight meetings in the 1985 and 1986 seasons.
• The Red Wolves won 13 straight meetings from 1988-1995, but since the beginning of the 1996 campaign, the series has been much more competitive with Arkansas State holding a 28-19 advantage during that time frame.
• A-State head coach David Rehr is now 10-5 against Little Rock all-time after the Red Wolves have claimed seven straight matches against the Trojans.
• Little Rock enters the match with a 13-8 record and 5-3 mark in league play to rank fifth in the West Division.
• This is the first meeting of the 2018 campaign took place on Oct. 13.
• Arkansas State holds the series lead at 55-24, but the series is much closer when the match is held in Little Rock, the Red Wolves have a slight 14-10 edge.
• The Red Wolves have a seven-game win streak over the Trojans dating back to the 2014 campaign.
• Little Rock took the last meeting 3-2 over Arkansas State.
• The Red Wolves enter the match 14-10 overall and 6-5 in Sun Belt action, while Little Rock enters 15-9 overall and 7-4 in the league.
ALEXA, TAKE ME BACK TO 10/13/18
• Arkansas State dropped a 3-2 decison to the Trojans, ultimately ending an eight game winning streak at First National Bank Arena.
• Carlisa May posted a team-high 24 kills on the night, while Macey Putt followed with 15.
• The home team earned 61 kills on the night.
• At the beginning of the second set A-State inserted Kenzie Fields at the libero positon where she remained through matches against Georga State (3-2) and Georgia Southern (3-0).
• Kenzie Fields posted a career-high 28 digs, while Ellie Watkins handed out 49 assists.
• Five Trojans registered double-digit digs, while Diana Giordani led with 20.
• Trojan setter Taylor Lindberg posted a triple double, while Veronica Marin added 15 kills for the Trojans.
TOP 10 -- SECURED
Senior setter Ellie Watkins has quickly become one of the school’s most dominant setters and has broke into the school’s all-time career sets list in just her two seasons at A-State.
• Ellie Watkins currently has 1,889 career assists after concluding the weekend against Georgia State and Georgia Southern earning her way into the Top-10. She is now chasing No. 9 Shelly Kirby who handed out 2,343. Wakins is currently averaging 10.67 assists per set.