• The Red Wolves are entering the midd-week matchup after a three-game series sweep overMissouri State which moved A-State to 11-5 overall.
• Missouri State had not been swept by a non-conference opponent since the 2011 campaign.• Friday evening the Red Wolves defeated Missouri State 14-2, in the matchup all A-State hitters logged at least one hit and seven of the hitter had at least one RBI. Jaylon Deshazier and Sky-LarCulver hit back-to-back triples in the match.
• Due to poor field conditons the series the Red Wolves and Bears were forced to play a doublehead on Sunday. A-State won game one, with a season high 16-4 and defeated Missouri State in game two 6-4.
• Junior Chandler Coates registered his fourth quality start of the season only allowing two runs on five hits in six innings, while also throwing seven strikeouts.
• Senior Nate Alberius logged his second quality start of the season in game two of A-Statedoubleheader. Alberius pitched seven innings and only allowed two runs on four hits with a season-high eight strikeouts.
• The Scarlet and Black hit four homeruns in the three-game series and have 18 homers on the season which is the most in the Sun Belt.
• Sky-Lar Culver leads A-state in a number of stat catergories including Avg (.393), RBIs (20), hits (22) and doubles (8). Culver also has a team-high .732 slugging percentage.
• A-State currently has a total of 25 stolen base on the year which ties the 2018 record.
• Junior Dre Tipton leads the Red Wolves in stolen bases at 12 which ranks him No. 1 in the SBCfor stolen bases and places Arkansas thrid in the league for stolend bases.
• A-State posted a season-high 16 RBI and 15 hits in the second game of its doubleheader against Missouri State.
Arkansas State - Mizzou
• A-State trails the all-time series with the Tigers by a count of 22-7 in a series that saw the first meetings back during the 1958 season. Mizzou won the first contest 13-0, but Arkansas State bounced back to win thesecond game 3-2. A-State dropped a 12-1 decision in 1959, but the twoteams didn’t play again until 1962 when the Tigers swept the twogames.
• The series took a long hiatus, but the 1993 season saw the first threegameseries between the two schools with A-State taking two-of-three.
The Red Wolves won the first and third games by scores of 1-0 and 5-4around a 12-1 loss in game two. A-State returned the trip to Columbia, Mo., the following season and was swept by the Tigers, including a 7-6 loss in 10 innings to conclude the series. Missouri made the trip to Jonesboro again in 1996 for a three-game set and won two-of-three before winning both games in Columbia in 1997.
• Missouri won two-of-three in Jonesboro in 1998 and followed with two wins in each of the 2000 and 2001 seasons. Mizzou extended its winning streak in the series to six with an 8-3 win in the first game of the 2002 season, but A-State snapped the skid with a 15-10 win in game
• Since 2002 the two teams have only played twice with both meetings coming in 2013 under Tommy Raffo. A-State dropped the first game 5-1 before bouncing back to win game two 10-3 in the second game of a doubleheader.