• A-State is now 19-11 on the season and 7-2 in the Sun Belt Conference after dropping two midweek contest to Southern Illinois (4-3) and Memphis (7-4) and taking two of three from Coastal Carolina.
• Arkansas State's win over CCU marks just the second time in school history that the Red Wolves won a series over a top-10 opponent since A-State took two of three from #7 Louisville in 2015.
• Tommy Raffo is three wins away form becoming the third head coach to reach 300 wins and needs 15 more to pass Bill Bethea (1992-2002) for the second most wins in school history.
• Jackson (4-1) registered his fourth-consecutive quality start of the season against CCU, allowing one run on eight hits while striking out six. Jack Jumper earned a save in his outing a Coastal Carolina where heallowed one run on just one hit over the final 2.0 innings.
• Chandler Coates (3-2) surrendered six runs, five of which were earned, on eight hits, four walks and fourstrikeouts over 8.0-complete innings in the loss at Coastal.
• Nate Alberius (4-1) picked up the win by holding CCU to just two runs on seven hits, two walks and three strikeouts over 5.1 innings.
• Nate Alberius was named the Sun Belt Pitcher of the week by the league office, March 26, concludinghis complete game performance at Tomlinson Stadium. The Red Wolves closed the series 8-1 over South Alabama.
• Drew Tipton's 24 stolen bases ranks No.1 in the Sun Belt and No. 10 nationally. Tipton is one stolen base away form breaking top-10 in Arkansas State's all-time stolen bases list. Last weekend he jumped Grant Hawkins for the 12th spot, who had 19 in 2017. A-State currently has a total of 40 stolen base on the year which surpasses 2018's total stolen bases (25).
• Last year's series win of the Cajuns' marked the first series win over Louisiana since the 2012 season.
• A-State trails the all-time series with the University of Louisiana at Lafayette by a count of 41-83. The series began in 1972 with A-State and then Southwestern Louisiana battling as Southland Conference members. The Ragin’ Cajuns wonthe first three meetings that season, didn’t play in 1973, and won the first two meetings of 1974 before A-State
Claimed its first victory in the series 6-2 in Lafayette, La., during the 1974 campaign.
• Arkansas State earned its first three-game series victory over Louisiana in 1975 by taking two out of three games inJonesboro. The Ragin’ Cajuns won two-of-three the following season, but A-State was able to win another three-game series in 1977. Louisiana then won seven-of-eight in 1978 and 1979 before the two teams didn’t play again until 1988.
• The Red Wolves didn’t win two games in a season again against the Cajuns until 1992 (2-4) and didn’t pick up a series victory again until 1995 when the team took two-of-three in Jonesboro. A-State has swept the season series twice with the team going 2-0 against Louisiana in 2004 and 3-0 in 2008.
• Head coach Tommy Raffo is 14-20 against the Cajuns during his tenure. The Red Wolves earned the season series vic- tory in 2009 (2-1) and 2010 (3-1) with one win in 2010 coming in the SBC Tournament. AState went 2-2 against Louisiana in 2011 and also took two-of-three from the Ragin’ Cajuns in 2012 under Raffo. However, since then, AState is only 3-14 against Louisiana-Lafayette. The Red Wolves were swept in Lafayette, La., last season by scores of 8-0, 13-2, and 3-2.Bradey Welsh faced a career-high 37 batters in the first game, while AState lost the last one in heartbreaking fashion on awalk-off safety squeeze bunt.
• In 2018 the Red Wolves to two of three from the Cajuns' at Tomlinson Statdium. Designated hitter Caleb Squire cashed in a bases loaded opportunity in the bottom of the 12th inning to send the Red Wolves to an 8-7 victory over Louisiana for game one of the series.
• In game two, Nate Alberius tossed his first complete game of the season as the Red Wolves defeated Louisiana 14-2. The Red Wolves dropped the series finale 1-6.
• Louisiana has been in firm control of the all-time series, boasting an 83-41 record. Under head coach Tony Robichaux,the team is 50-28 against the Red Wolves, including a 31-17 mark in Lafayette.
• Lott is joined by Hayden Cantrelle and Hunter Kasuls, who are hitting .327 (37-for-113) and .306 (33-for-108), respective- ly. Cantrelle leads the team with his 37 hits and has swiped a team-best 19 bags, the 16th-most in the NCAA. Kasuls has been a constant on second base and has produced 33 hits on the year, tied for second on the team with Brennan Breaux.• In its most recent outings, Louisiana clinched a season sweep over in-state foe Southeastern Louisiana, taking the firstgame on Tuesday, 8-2, and the second game on Wednesday, 9-8. The bats were hot in both games as the Ragin' Cajunscombined for 17 runs and 20 hits, five of which were for extra bases.