• Arkansas State is now 25-26 on the season and 11-16 in the Sun Belt conference after dropping three contest to Georgia Southern over the weekend.
• A-State dropped the last meeting 15-3 to Ole Miss which took place on Feb. 20. The Red Wolves struck first with back-to-back RBI hits by Justin Felix and Kyle MacDonald in the top of the first inning, but Ole Miss answered back on athree-run homer to by Tyler Keenen in the bottom half of the frame and tacked on two more runs with an RBI single andsacrifice fly to go up 5-2 after the first inning.
• Sky-Lar Culver enters the midweek matchup leading the team in a number of stat categories including a .328 batting average, RBIs (44), hits (63), doubles (14).
• Arkansas State is hitting .257 as a team, 7 Arkansas State players have multiple HRs on the season (43 total), led by Justin Felix's 9 home runs.
• The Red Wolves pitching staff currently owns a 5.18 ERA and has struck out 388 batters in 446.2 innings pitched.
• Kollin Stone has recorded six of the team's eight saves. The junior holds a 3.45 ERA, 28 strikeouts and a 1-2 record over 28.2 IP over 23 games.
• Jack Jumper comes in with a team- best 1.77 ERA, 2-2 record, two saves and 36 strikeouts in 40.2 innings pitched in 25 games.
• #11 Ole Miss enters the Mid-Week matchup 32-20 overall and 15-12 in the SEC. The Rebels are entering the contestafter dropping the three conference matchups to #5 Mississippi State. Ole Miss dropped the first contest 2-0, the second 8-5 and fell in the series finale 11-5.
• A-State trails the all-time series with Ole Miss by a count of 25-88 after losing 15-3 earlier this season in Oxford, Miss.,
• The Red Wolves struck first with back-to-back RBI hits by Justin Felix and Kyle MacDonald in the top of the first inning, but Ole Miss answered back on a three-run homer to by Tyler Keenen in the bottom half of the frame and tacked on two more runs with an RBI single and sacrifice fly to go up 5-2 after the first inning.
• Drew Tipton, Sky-Lar Culver and Alex Howard each finished the night 2-for-4 for the Red Wolves, with Howard adding an RBI single in the third inning. Felix and MacDonald each finishedwith an RBI as well.
• in 2017, A-State shut out Ole Miss 5-0 on May 16 in front of a Tomlinson Stadium record crowd of 1,188. Bryan Ayers tied his career high with seven innings of shutout baseball to earn the win.Alex Howard had three hits and two RBI to lead the offense. The shutout for A-State was the firstover the Rebels in school history. The team lost the meeting in Oxford by a score of 16-4 Feb. 21.• Arkansas State won the first meeting between the two schools by a score of 7-3 in 1951 with
Ole Miss taking the second game by a count of 11-4. The Rebels went on to win 12 straight until A-State claimed a 9-8 victory in the second of four games during the 1961 season. The Red Wolves swept two meetings during the 1968 season by scores of 2-1
and 7-6 and didn't sweep the Rebels again until 1978 when A-State won two games by the scores of 6-1 and 7-5 with both games being hosted in Blytheville, Ark. Arkansas State swept Ole Miss during the 1988 season by scores of 6-5 and 13-11 and won the only meeting in 1994 9-4 in 10 innings. A-State won both meetings in 2003 (3-2 and 8-5) and won twoof-three games in 2004 with an 11-7 win over the 10th-ranked Rebel in Oxford before a 9-8 loss at No. 7 Ole Miss. A-State took the rubber game 7-6 over No. 6 Ole Miss later in the year. A-State defeated No. 2 Ole Miss in Oxford early in the 2008 season by a score of 7-5. Along with a win over No. 2 Louisiana- Lafay- ette in 2014, that is the highest-ranked opponent A-State has ever defeated.
• #11 Ole Miss enters the Mid-Week matchup 32-20 overall and 15-12 in the SEC. The Rebels are entering the contest after dropping the three conference matchups to #5 Mississippi State. OleMiss dropped the first contest 2-0, the second 8-5 and fell in the series finale 11-5.