• Arkansas State is now 23-22 on the season after only taking one of three from ULM last weekend at Tomlinson Stadium and falling to Memphis 11-9 Tuesday evening.
• The Red Wolves finally picked up its first Sun Belt Conference win after dropping eight-consecutive league matches.The Red Wolves haven't dropped eight-consecutive conference games since the 2008 campaign, when they dropped 11-straight.
• Sun Belt Preseason Player of the Year, Kyle MacDonald went three-for-four in the matchup against Memphis, the senior also collected six RBIs, with a double, a home run a walk and a run. MacDonald is now batting .311 and is tied for a team-best 39 RBIs and owns 42 hits on the 2019 campaign.
• A-State is 6-6 in midweek contest, going 5-3 on Tuesday's and just 1-3 on Wednesdays overall.
• Sky-Lar Culver enters the weekend series leading the team in a number of stat categories including a .333 batting average, RBIs (39), hits (57), doubles (13).
• Arkansas State is hitting .251 as a team, 7 Arkansas State players have multiple HRs on the season (40 total), led by Justin Felix's 9 home runs.
• The Red Wolves pitching staff currently owns a 4.78 ERA and has struck out 343 batters in 387.2 innings pitched.
• Kollin Stone has recorded six of the team's eight saves. The junior holds a 3.55 ERA, 27 strikeouts and a 1-2 record over 24 IP over 19 games. Jack Jumper comes in with a 1.06 ERA, 2-1 record, two saves and 31 strikeouts in 34 innings pitched in 21 games.
• Appalachian State enters the weekend 20-20 overall and 11-9 in the Sun Belt coonference after completing a three- game sweep over UT Arlington and and defeating Western Carolina 6-3 in Boone, N.C.
APP STATE NOTES:
• The all-time series between Appalachian State and Arkansas State is 5-3 with all eight meetings occurring in the last two years since the Mountaineers joined the Sun Belt Conference.
• The two teams played for the first time in 2015 at Tomlinson Stadium in Jonesboro when the Red Wolves took two ofthree games from the Mountaineers. A-State won game one 6-1 behind a complete game effort by David Owen before blowing a 2-0 lead in the eighth inning of game two and allowing App State to even the series with a 6-3 win. However,A-State won the series finale in dramatic fashion when Tim Seldomridge scored on a walk-off wild pitch to give
the Red Wolves a 7-6 win.
• Last season Arkansas State won game one of a doubleheader 9-7 after Tyler Zuber tossed the last 7.1 innings out of the bullpen and threw 133 pitches. He allowed one run on nine hits with three walks and seven strikeouts. Joe Schrimpf and Tanner Ring both homered in the game and had two RBI. However, App State bounced back to win game two 9-2 and out hit the Red Wolves 13-7 in the game with Bryan Ayers taking the loss on the mound. A-State lost a heartbreaker in theseries finale by a score of 6-4 when Grayson Atwood hit a walk-off three-run homer off closer Tanner Ring after A-Stateentered the bottom of the ninth with a 4-3 edge. Garrett Rucker, Ring, Austin Baker, and Jake Bakamus all had two hits for the Red Wolves.
• All six meetings have come under head coach Tommy Raffo and the Red Wolves are making their second consecutive trip to Boone, N.C., after the league schedules had to be altered due to Coastal Carolina joining the league. ULM came to Jonesboro earlier for the second straight year.
• In 2017, the Red Wolves took two of the from the Mountaineers in Boone, N.C., in the first game, the team fell behind bythree runs on two occasions and was able to battle back within one twice, but couldn't get over the hump in a 7-6. In the second game, the team received a solid pitching effort and plated three runs with two outs in a 5-3 win. In game three the Red Wolves earned a 4-1 victory over the Mountaineers.